Field Study #5

 Date: November 23

Time: 5:25pm

Climate: not much sun, sun is setting, clear sky

Temperature: 44 degrees Fahrenheit 

Length Day: 9 hours, 31 minutes

Organisms: There was much less birds compared to all my previous visits. I only saw a few. I also did not see any fish towards the surface of the pond. There was deer around the pond later at night, but not during the time of my visit. Overall, every visit there are less and less organisms that are visible, as it is getting colder. 

Observation: All of the leaves have pretty much fallen off of the trees. Some still have a little bit of leaves. There are lots of leaves also covering the ground. Also compared to my beginning visits, there is no algae at the surface of the pond. It has been very interesting to see less and less each visit. I also noticed a ton of bark fell of the tree that is to the left of my field study location. And a big branch and few smaller ones fell of of the tree. I'm not sure what happened. 

Other comments: Thinking about the idea of being in awe of God's creation, it has truly been so cool to see this location changing overtime. I've never taken the time to really think about how it changes over the seasons, and I am so thankful I got the time to see it all happen in front of my own eyes.

Question: What likely caused the branches and bark to fall off the tree? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #2

Final Pictures Post

Field Study #4