Field Study #3

 Date: October 12

Time: 12:18pm

Climate: Sunny, Air is cooler and a slight breeze

Temperature: 59 degrees Fahrenheit 

Length Day: 11 hours, 12 minutes

Organisms: I saw some birds, but they were quieter today then typically. I saw a couple squirrels crawling up a tree. And the fish were not visible today when I looked at the pond. I also saw a small ant hill.   

Observation: I expected some of the leaves to be more red and orange as it is starting to get colder but they were all green. The sunlight was filtering through the trees and reflecting off the surface of the water. There is also still lots of algae at the surface of the water. And there is lots of vegetation that surrounds the pond that will begin to die off as winter gets closer. The soil near the edge of the pond was also moist today. 

Question: Why are the leaves not falling off the trees yet, or turning different colors?




Comments

  1. Good work. Keep watching for the patterns in color change and leaf fall! It's coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment