Field Study #4
Date: November 2
Time: 5:12pm
Climate: Slightly sunny, also some clouds
Temperature: 42 degrees Fahrenheit
Length Day: 10 hours, 17 minutes
Organisms: I noticed birds again, but much less compared to last time. The fish in the pond were not near the surface and when I looked closely I still didn't see any. There were some squirrels crawling up the trees. The falling leaves are providing nutrients for the smaller organisms within the water and surrounding the pond.
Observation: The leaves are much more of a yellow color. There is also lots of them all over the ground. There is also pretty much no algae on the surface of the pond, compared to last visit. The water also looks a lot more brown. The sun was also lower so it was not reflecting off of the water. The trees further back in my pictures also had much more colors on the leaves like red and yellow.
Great work and beautiful pics! Some people put their leaves on their garden or the flower beds for that exact reason! In general, they don't leave on the lawn due to them covering the grass so much it kills it.
ReplyDelete